Aloe Barbadensis or commonly known as Aloe vera is one of the most sought-after plants in the world. It is a short plant, hardly rise above 2 feet from the soil, with short thick leaves. It grows best in tropical temperatures and makes for an ideal home plantation. A popular medicinal plant, Aloe vera has proven benefits for the skin, hair, digestion, weight loss, and many more.
The Aloe vera stores water in its leaves. The translucent gel present inside the leaves is bitter, but invaluable for its healing properties. Aloe vera is extensively used in beauty and cosmetic products due to its anti-bacterial and anti-viral compounds. But that’s not all that it does.
Here are 10 reasons why Aloe Vera is our go-to plant for a healthy life.
- Aloe Vera gel is full of water, vitamins, amino acids, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral compounds that soothe the skin when applied. It hydrates dry skin and prevents acne and skin infections.
- Vitamin C, E, and beta carotene present in Aloe Vera impart anti-ageing and nourishing effects on the skin.
- Drinking Aloe Vera juice empty stomach or early in the morning improves digestion and all types of stomach troubles including constipation.
- Dermatologists prescribe Aloe Vera for removing tan, stretch marks, and treating sunburns.
- Aloe Vera improves the effectiveness of the diet and maximises weight loss in our body. The amino acids, sterols, and enzymes present in the plant facilitate the ability of nutrient absorption and utilisation. This results in better metabolism and successful weight loss of the body.
- There’s plenty of anti-oxidants present in Aloe vera and therefore it acts as a power booster for our immunity.
- Protein components present in the plant help in muscle development and acts as a source of energy for the body.
- Aloe vera accelerates the healing of wound. The gel work excellent on cuts or scratches when rubbed gently on the wound instead of just consuming it. It’s known for miraculous effects on treating all kinds of burns.
- Tooth decay and diseases are kept at bay if Aloe vera is consumed regularly. It prevents plaque build-up or bacterial biofilms on the teeth.
- The gel is an amazing treatment for sores. Mouth ulcers or canker sores which generally develop under the lips or anywhere inside the mouth can be effectively treated by rinsing the mouth with Aloe vera gel for a few days repeatedly.
Aloe vera has several therapeutic effects but it’s to be remembered that consuming its juice and using its gel yield different results in the body. Therefore it is advisable to consult a doctor for the right dose of aloe vera extracts for them. Nonetheless, Aloe vera is the nature's gift to mankind that will always make our lives healthier & happier! So grow one in your garden or in a vase and bring this nature's gift to your home!!